We set the standard for
Superior, No-Risk, Legal Funding
Settlement funding up to $20,000,000+
We set the standard for
Superior, No-Risk, Legal Funding.
Funding solutions up to $20,000,000+
Fueling growth with cost-efficient financing.
We know legal finance.
legal funding company
Fund with one of the best legal funding companies nationwide.
Take the next step with a trusted funding partner and get:
Get a full range of financial solutions.
A relationship that helps you win
Across a range of investment strategies, we deploy capital with the goal of delivering you market-leading results. Our bespoke financial products, built exclusively for contingency fee-based law firms and their clients, addresses significant liquidity needs that trial lawyers demand and provides you and your clients with quick and easy financing solutions.
What is legal funding?
This type of financing is when a funding company provides an attorney or a plaintiff with a portion of their settlement or fees in advance of the case settling or after it settles and they are not to be considered loans. All funding provided by Baker Street Funding is non-recourse and the repayment of funds is wholly contingent upon the successful settlement of your litigation.
The process for lawsuit loans
Applying with Baker Street Funding is incredibly simple with an application that can be done all online or followed by a phone call. And if you want one-on-one assistance, our lawsuit loan specialists are standing by to help.
The process for plaintiff lawsuit loans consists of the following:
- Plaintiffs apply online or by phone. An attorney must represent you. Your lawyer’s co-operation is critical in order for us to accept your claim.
- Then, we perform a rigorous analysis of legal merits and parties, the strength and length of your claim, and the defendant’s ability to compensate.
- Lastly, we set up a conference call with counsel. The quicker we have any relevant questions answered by the attorney in charge, the faster funds will be released upon approval.
- Once approved, the lawsuit cash advance will be wired into your account that same day, or we will overnight you a check via Fed-Ex.
The process for litigation loans
The litigation funding process for companies:
This process is different from pre-settlement loans and a lot more complex. This includes an in-depth analysis of a case or portfolio of cases (for attorneys). The underwriting time differs on every application. It takes approximately 72 hours for attorney case funding, and it can take as little as a week for plaintiffs looking for financing with procedurally mature corporate cases and as long as two months for infancy cases.
The process for attorney referrals
Baker Street Funding’s initial review of your application is based on our initial phone call, where you will provide publicly available information about your client’s claim. If interest is expressed and depending on your client’s needs, we may require further documentation and a scheduled call with our underwriter. Based on that call/communication and documentation, our underwriter will make the ultimate lawsuit funding decision. Most cases sent by attorneys get funded because attorneys usually send strong claims.
Can financing my client's case affect attorney-client confidentiality?
Our involvement as investors does not affect the attorney-client privilege. Multiple recent rulings in all matters of courts have upheld the fact that conversations with third-party lawsuit funding companies are protected by common interest doctrine and thus deemed privileged and confidential. You can rest assure that you are in no way waiving any of your legal rights to confidentiality by seeking funding for your client.
How do lawsuit loans help plaintiffs?
Lawsuit loans many times help victims settle for a larger settlement award because you can wait for your case to settle fairly while you take care of your essential needs. A lawsuit advance funding could help victims challenge the insurance’s low-ball offers.
Are there any risks with lawsuit financing?
No, lawsuit financing has no risk. Baker Street Funding provides funding on a non-recourse basis – meaning, if you lose the case, you are no longer obligated to repay the legal funds. Funders accept the risk that the case might not win, so your claim is carefully examined to ensure your victory before approving you and making you an offer.
How do I qualify for funding?
If your case is secure and you have a high probability of winning, you more than likely qualify.
- If you are an attorney, please call (888) 711-3599 to speak further about your legal loan request.
- For plaintiffs, you must be represented by an attorney to pre-qualify for a lawsuit advance.
What states are eligible for lawsuit financing?
The qualifying states for lawsuit financing are as follows:
Alabama, Alaska, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
In the following states, we require a minimum amount of funding:
- We currently fund Colorado at a minimum of $75,000. Case value must be at least $750,000+.
- We currently fund North Carolina at a minimum of $25,000. Case value must be at least $250,000+.
How long does it take to get a decision?
It usually takes between 24-48 hours for the company to analyze your case and approve it. We offer, in some cases same-day lawsuit loans, such as pre-settlement loans for auto accident victims and personal injury pre-settlement loans.
If you are looking for other products such as corporate litigation funding, the process can vary from 2 weeks to 3 months, depending on your litigation difficulty.
Funding for attorneys takes approximately 72 hours to fund.
Do you provide post-settlement funding for law firms?
Can litigation or lawsuit loans be paid earlier?
Yes, litigation funding and lawsuit loans can be paid earlier. There are no penalty fees for early repayment.
Legal funding amounts
You can apply for a wide range of funding amounts — usually between $1,500 and $20,000,000. The total amount you qualify for will depend on your financial needs vs. the merit of your claim to determine the amount we can advance.
- Plaintiff pre-settlement funding requested is funded up to 10% of the pending settlement value we assign.
- Medical lien funding is flexible depending on the case. The estimated value of the claim dictates the amount we can fund.
- Post-settlement funding goes up to 50% of the settled case value. The settlement offer must exceed $50,000.
- Law firm funding or loans for legal expenses requested do not have a minimum. Funds may go up to 10% to 50% of fees from an obligor.
- Corporate litigation: The amount requested for institutional plaintiffs must exceed $100,000.
- Funding requested for institutional settled cases must exceed $50,000. Funds may go up to 50% of the settlement.
Apply in minutes.
There is no risk to see what we can offer you. No win? No pay.
Still have questions?
Give us a call and speak with a dedicated U.S.-based funding specialist.
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. ET
Saturday-Sunday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. ET